Friday, September 28, 2012

A Break in the Action

After a third year boarding the Conception for 5 days sailing and painting the Channel Islands, I'm finding myself painting in beautiful Southern California. Leo Carrillo is an amazing point on the Malibu coastline. It's become a weekly event and there are thousands of paintings awaiting their turn. This 12 x 12 is a painting that shares the drama of the location. As I stood out on the rocky point, looking left in awe and looking right in awe, my painting faced me head on. Wind and force gave way to salt water sprays and sea foam tangling ankles and tripod legs while painting on site. I am loving plein air on the southern coast of California. Beautiful scenery and friendships abound.



My first IPAD blog! I hope it all goes well :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nancy. This really turned out to be a stunning painting!

    FABULOUS... I was out at Leo again today.. Can't get enough of that place, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. It's always encouraging to hear your thoughts!