Friday, January 4, 2013

Jewel of the Past

This 8 x 10 piece is a jewel of a memory. It's been on my mother's dresser from the day I was born. She has two of these perfume bottles and a little ring container. I would love to put more time into this one but the challenge of painting and posting daily (plus visiting friends and family, plein air painting, begin packing and daily road trips) it had to be a quick one. And because I'm sometimes a little crazy, let's add the challenge of cut crystal :P Really am happy about painting it for the journey.


Oh and speaking of plein air, it was delightful to hear from friends that my photo was on the cover of the Newport Daily News of Rhode Island! 29 degrees and painting the beach.




1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you were warmer painting your Mom's perfume bottle than you were when they took that photo of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. It's always encouraging to hear your thoughts!