Monday, September 2, 2013

Rockport Jewels




Rockport Jewels

Well, here it is, day two of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 Challenge, 
and I am already a day behind.   I've decided to not be to hard
on myself and write and paint and share as my life recommends.

During this time, I hope to share some quick sketches that keep alive 
some of my recent travels and share them with you .

This wonderful day was shared with my sister-in-law while
I was visiting family in Massachusetts. 
(and you know I'm from there because I didn't even need spell check to say that correctly:)

She and I had just finished meeting up with painter Caleb Stone where we 
plein air painted at a quarry in Rockport.  The sun was hot, the water was deep there and the ocean was in the distant view.  
Perhaps that will be another days post.  
After painting, exploring, photographing, and eating lobster for lunch, 
she and I stopped at one more spot for some local seafood and a fabulous view.

These three sweet rowboats sat anchored by the dock within our tables view.
The warm wooden dories were bathed in the glow of the pre-setting sun.

Moments like these, I often feel how I would love to revisit but so many times when we try it isn't the same...
And there you have another reason why I paint.
I hope you enjoy the moment with me.




Rockport Jewels
8x8 

$285
Framing options available.
Just send an email to 
Click here to inquire about framing options




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. It's always encouraging to hear your thoughts!