Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 10th

July 10th

After painting the tumbling weathered wood yesterday at Independence Mine,
today was time to get back to the river.  

I was happy to see the survey crew back at it today.  
On a somewhat rainy, windy day, there wasn't all that much traffic on the road.  
I really do enjoy people stopping and passing by, especially when there has been a bear spotted in nearby areas.  The rushing sound of the river is a beautiful roar, but I don't want it to drown out the roar (or quietly approaching) wildlife!



Thanks for the photo surveyor!
  

Oh and I failed to mention that my 30 day challenge has become even more 
challenging with a broken leg.  Hope he can make it another 20!



I was only at the river for an hour.  A quick block in, covering the canvas.
A bit bright in places, but that will change.  
Let's just call these under colors.  I was actually pretty happy with just an hour.
I might have time to fix a little dinner tonight!



Back home in the warmth and dryness of my studio,
I added another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and
am ready to call it complete.
(At least as far as this project goes!)

Another thing I am learning about during this 30 day challenge is that I'm not hanging on to each piece for too long.   Some are definitely done. Others, I would love to put a little more time into, but, alas :) there is another to start tomorrow.


The Rock

I am pretty happy with this one but I just might have to go back and add a little splash,
softening the line at the bottom of the big rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. It's always encouraging to hear your thoughts!