Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16

Day 16 

The water pours over endlessly, without tiring... unlike me.
But still I am drawn to the river... endlessly.

The roar, the rush, combined with serenity.
The river is perfect and with one loud voice, it whispers volumes.

________________________________________________


Side story... a blast from the past.
The day started with the need for a little bottled caffeine.  I stopped at the local general quick stop and memories quickly flooded me.  
Yes, I know it's an old and very cool truck but that's not the story!
The story is kind of funny.  On my way to use the restroom 
I heard the familiar sound of a shower!
And there, just like 30 years ago when we lived in our cabin without running water, was the laundromat fully equipped with shower rooms.

I'll never forget filling up 5 gallon jugs of water daily to take home, and runs to the Laundromat to shower as well as to do laundry.  Funniest story was how excited my father in law would get when he and the love of his life could choose the double :)   
Sure miss those folks.

__________________________________________________

Back to the day at hand,
I put about an hour in this piece the day before, took some photos,
and then thought I might finish this at home. 
What I've learned is that photographs don't speak the same language as being there.
So that was my spot again today.  There are so many places to paint there but this is my favorite.  I will move on again soon.  


Here's the start of a very complicated scene.


And another "In-scene shot"
I like shooting these, it's a good way to do a color and temp check.


It's almost time to burn this hat!
If it weren't for a little wind and long bangs, I wouldn't love it so.



At this point, I feel like I have a little work to undo.  
A few areas to simplify and a couple of value corrections.

I was lucky enough to have a couple of models in this one.  
A few red salmon made their way up the river.  
An eddy behind the rock was a quiet place for two and a third 
making it's way up the fall.

Resting Places
12 x 16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. It's always encouraging to hear your thoughts!